This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tamper Protection disabled yet told when attempting to uninstall Sophos that Tamper Protection needs to be disabled.

I have an endpoint where I am receiving an alert from stating; Policy non-compliance Sophos Agent UI

I disable Tamper Protection for this endpoint and attempt to uninstall Sophos from the endpoint I receive a message stating Tamper Protection needs to be disabled to proceed(?).

When I attempt to reinstall endpoint protection, though Tamper Protection is disabled, I am still told Tamper Protection needs to be disabled to proceed(?).

Any suggestions on what to do? Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Steven,

Verify the steps for How to disable Tamper Protection. Let me know if you still have trouble disabling tamper protection.

Haridoss S

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss,

Yes, I had disabled Tamper Protection correctly (at least that is what is indicated through Sophos Central...)... When I looked at the endpoint this morning, Tamper Protection is still disabled, but the policy non-compliance Sophos Agent UI alert is gone. I am going to visit the machine now; when Sophos opened on the endpoint there previously there was a message indicating a problem with the installation...

Regards,

Steven  

• Hi Haridoss,

Even though the status of the endpoint in Sophos Central shows no alerts and updates are successful, at the endpoint the following is displayed when Sophos is opened;

Update failed please contact your admin

Still unable to uninstall Sophos at the endpoint or install endpoint protection from Sophos Central without get an message indicating the Tamper Protection needs to be disabled (it is disabled according to Sophos Central when displaying the device...).

Regards,

Steven

• Hi Steven,

Please open Sophos Endpoint on the client machine, click on About (right bottom corner) and check the last update date. Ensure that it is updated after you disabled the tamper protection. If it is not updated yet, click on update now and make sure the communication between the Sophos Endpoint client and the Sophos Central is working fine.

Haridoss S

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss,

I checked as you instructed at the endpoint machine; the last update had failed from 05/26/16. I manually updated the endpoint successfully this morning while Tamper Protection was disabled for the endpoint on Sophos Central.

Regards,

Steven