This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"You Don't Have Permission to use the application SophosAgent" popups on MacOS 10.10 and 10.11

We have a number of MacOS 10.10 and 10.11 computers that are suddenly showing the "You don't have permission" popups for SophosAgent.  As far as we know, there have been no OS updates and our Sophos hasn't changed in a year or two (other than updates).  

Any ideas as to why this is happening now?

We're in the middle of testing so is there something we can disable to avoid this for now?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello ctavernier,

our Sophos hasn't changed in a year or two (other than updates)
    the latest version is 9.6.x and hasn't changed is perhaps not absolutely correct[;)].
    Joking aside, we have a few dozen Macs (from 10.9 to 10.12) haven't heard about such an issue. The on-premise version has been upgraded from 9.5.5 to 9.6.2 recently and as far as I can see the SophosAgent is new with 9.6, don't ask me what it does though. Should have to r+x permissions for everyone as it is launched for a user at session start. This is all I can say.

Christian