This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Basic - costs

We have used Sophos endpoint in our orgainisation for maybe 20 years.  We buy via a Sophos re-seller and usually renew for five years at a time.  Each time the costs goes up, and our financial people have a slight whinge, and we then renew.  Our last renewal was in 2012 and was about £1100, we have just been quoted over £3500 so a 300% increase.

1. Is this correct?

2. Do we have to buy via a re-seller as they provide us with no other services, but must be making a percentage?

As the manager of the service, Sophos makes my life easy and I like working with Sophos as the support is great, but we are a small company and are suffering drastically reduced margins due to the collapse of the pound, and I really don't think I'll get this through this time.

Any suggestions of cheaper alternatives?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello - -14,

a 300% increase
    is a king's ransom. As you say five years you might have had the legacy low-end Sophos Anti-Virus Business license. If you look at the sheet it is no longer available and the current low-end license corresponds to the legacy Endpoint Protection Business. You might have no need for the additional features (Device and Web Control, PureMessage for Exchange) and though.

The partner locator could show other resellers in your area or you might want to contact sales directly.

Christian

• Many thanks - we don't use anything except Anti-Virus and enterprise Console - I've contacted sales directly to see what they suggest.  We're looking at other companies that offer centralised control, but I really don't want to make the change if I don't need to.