This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network drive and printer not connected

At our organization, normally I have no problem to connect to network drive mapped and print out to network printer. But sometimes both are not working at the same time.

Then, the admin goes check "Policy compliance" at Sophos Enterprise Console and find my laptop shown as "Differs from policy".

The admin move "Comply With" and apply "All Group Policies" to my laptop. Just after a minute, my laptop is back to "Same as policy".

Why does it happen? and which case does this occur? How can I fix this by myself without admin support? because when I'm in urgent and can't contact admin, I would be frustrated.   

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Andy Bang,

well, your admin should more likely be able to answer the how can I fix.

From the description it could be the firewall - is the Sophos Client Firewall (SCF) installed?
    Basically the cause for Differs from policy is either a changed setting on the endpoint (i.e. your laptop) or a change in the policy on the server side (the detailed behaviour varies with the different types of policies).

If you are administrator on the laptop there's a brute-force method to make the endpoint request the current policies: In the subfolders of %ProgramData%\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Agent\AdapterStorage\ delete the cached policies (you'd have to do this only for the "offending" one) and restart the Sophos Agent service.

Christian

• Hello Andy Bang,

well, your admin should more likely be able to answer the how can I fix.

From the description it could be the firewall - is the Sophos Client Firewall (SCF) installed?
    Basically the cause for Differs from policy is either a changed setting on the endpoint (i.e. your laptop) or a change in the policy on the server side (the detailed behaviour varies with the different types of policies).

If you are administrator on the laptop there's a brute-force method to make the endpoint request the current policies: In the subfolders of %ProgramData%\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Agent\AdapterStorage\ delete the cached policies (you'd have to do this only for the "offending" one) and restart the Sophos Agent service.

Christian

Children
No Data