This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update Notifications

Is there a way to get email notification when new releases come out?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Jon Ashdown,

short answer - no.
    What do you mean by new release? As you post in Endpoint - are you referring to, e.g., the roll-out of 10.6.4? What would you gain from it, i.e. in what way would this help you? Please note that for all AV products version upgrades are automatic.

Christian 

• I mean a new release of SEC. Other than if we hop on our server we don't know that a new release has come out and needs to be updated. The last one I saw was on the server saying our version was no longer supported and needed to be upgraded. Then I go to upgrade and looks like we were about a year behind on updates. I am not concerned about the endpoints because like you said they are automatic.

• Hello Jon Ashdown,

I see. AFAIK the Sophos Messenger is managed by (and part of) the Update Manager (aka SUM) and thus only available on the management server.
    You are not required to update SEC as soon as it is out. Checking the Downloads and the Documentation section (main Sophos site, Support) twice a year is sufficient but I know that one easily forgets. The Endpoint Release Notes might be a reminder if they tell of new features.

Christian   

• Hi Jon Ashdown,

You can try our RSS feed for the latest updates or follow us on twitter for live updates on products release.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.