This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

10.6.4 Preview being rolled out

Hello all,

notices that SUM has downloaded 10.6.4. in the Preview subscription. Upgraded a Win 7 Enterprise and tested the Enhanced Tamper Protection (aka Sophos Endpoint Defense). As far as I can see some services are not protected (Network Threat Protection, Patch, and System Protection). There are some other changes and you might want to read the relevant articles (at the time of writing there are 22 articles explicitly mentioning 10.6.4).

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Christian,

Out of curiosity, when you used the Preview subscription to push out 10.6.4 to your Win 7 box, did the up-to-date status in the SEC show that the updated client was out-of-date?

Thanks.

EN

• Hello EN,

do you actually mean push out in the sense you've used Protect Computers or that you've provided a CID containing Preview?
    Anyway, I haven't seen out-of-date. Occasionally an endpoint that has performed a major (version or virus data upgrade) update shows Unknown until the next actual update. For whatever reason one or more orphaned IDEs are left behind, thus their number doesn't match the expected for the package. This should resolve itself after a few hours at most and does not have an impact on protection.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

No, I've moved a few computers into a new group and applied the Preview policy to that group.  The clients updated properly and look OK in the console, except that it's reporting that the computers haven't updated in several months.  If I look on the clients, they have all updated in the last hour.  I opened a case with Sophos support, but the technician was less than helpful and closed the case without resolution.

Thanks.

EN

• Hello EN,

the Not since ... (guess this is what you are referring to) is calculated by comparing the data sent from the endpoint (basically the combination of Anti-virus version, Detection data and number of IDEs under Anti-virus Details) to the list of known packages - whenever SUM downloads updates the aforementioned details and the timestamp are recorded (and kept for several month). If the combination isn't known the Up to date column contains Unknown.

The Not since suggests that either the endpoints haven't updated (you rule this out), they haven't sent their status (please check the Last message time under the Computer Details tab), or they are updating from a stale CID. The current values for Preview are 10.6.4 VE3.67.0, 5.35, and 276 IDEs.

Christian

• Hello EN,

the Not since ... (guess this is what you are referring to) is calculated by comparing the data sent from the endpoint (basically the combination of Anti-virus version, Detection data and number of IDEs under Anti-virus Details) to the list of known packages - whenever SUM downloads updates the aforementioned details and the timestamp are recorded (and kept for several month). If the combination isn't known the Up to date column contains Unknown.

The Not since suggests that either the endpoints haven't updated (you rule this out), they haven't sent their status (please check the Last message time under the Computer Details tab), or they are updating from a stale CID. The current values for Preview are 10.6.4 VE3.67.0, 5.35, and 276 IDEs.

Christian

Children