This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"On-Access Scanning: Disabled"; All buttons Greyed-out; Endpoint Security and Control Anti-Virus

I'm running vers. 10.6, which updates successfully. The only two buttons that aren't greyed-out are the "View Updating Log" & "Configure Updating". We need On-access scanning to be enabled.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello William Winford,

if the layout of the GUI is "complete" (as on the other endpoints) this suggests that the Sophos Anti-Virus Service (SavService.exe) is not running. If it isn't it likely fails to start. The Windows Event log should have some details. When the service fails to start because it encounters some error there should be a log with Startup in its name in one of the usual places (temp or ProgramData).

Christian

• In Windows Event log, there are three separate errors, I will list them below. When attempting to start services for Sophos Anti Virus, it threw an error.

1.) Error when calling BeginProcessing on ComponentManager.

2.) Exception caught in CInfrastructureModule::PreMessageLoop.

3.) E_FAILURE.
    CManager::BeginProcessing in the ComponentManager component encountered a catastrophic error that it could not recover from.

Thanks

• The savservice startup log might also be interesting.  It goes to the tmp dir of localservice, i.e C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\

Are you also able to provide an export of:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sophos\SAVService

Regards,

jak