This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Antivirus disabled after April Update - Unable to uninstall or install Sophos Auto update

Hi guys!

I have strange and heavy issue after latest April Sophos update. Some computers (all with Windows 7 Pro) return error and the antivirus is inactive!!! I try to manually update each of them, but I receive the error "unable to contact Windows Installer etc.. etc...".

On the Sophos Console I have the error code 800706437.

I try to manually uninstall both sophos antivirus, rms and auto update, but this one return the error above about Windows installer. I've tried everything, included manually delete all registry entries but nothing work. If I try to reinstall Sophos, the program stops at auto update installation with error about Windows Installer.

I've also tried to re-register MSIExec service, but nothing has changed. I think that it's absurd that with a wrong update I find myself without protection, not counting the time lost in seeking a solution! Has Anyone else got this strange behavior ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.