This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 update blocked internet

Hi

Today the automatic update of Windows 10 occurred on my home desktop (which is protected with Sophos Endpoint Security and Control Version 10.6) , and tonight I am unable to access the internet.  Upon opening Google Chrome I get the error message "Your Internet access is blocked, Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection", then when clicking on Diagnose Errors it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer".  I briefly turned off the firewall, opened the internet and it came up as normal and I was able to use Chrome.  I turned the firewall back on and the access was again blocked.  I would be grateful for any recommendation to solve this.

Thanks

Paul

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Help is not in abundance obviously but am looking forward to an answer if they can.

• Hi Sarun and Benjamin,

May I please request you to kindly confirm if Sophos Client Firewall is causing this issue? Can you please confirm if windows Firewall is turned off (if Sophos Client Firewall is preferred by you) and please check if the issue still comes up? If Firewall is the reason, We will have to investigate further and configure rules to allow the updating. Can you help us with the screenshots of the Firewall rules so that we can have a look at the same for you and discuss what additional rule configuration could possible help us here. Alternatively, You can create a support ticket with us to ensure this is discussed over a remote session and call if required.

Regards,

Adithyan Thangaraj
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.