This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update - Failed to install SAVXP: A previous version could not...

Hi...

I'm receving the following in SEC  "00000067 Failed to install SAVXP. A previous version could not be uninstalled"

and in the Sophos Antivirus uninstall log

CustomAction UninstallDriverFiles64Vista returned actual error code -1079 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (38:30) [10:10:19:389]: Product: Sophos Anti-Virus -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action UninstallDriverFiles64Vista, location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\NATIVE.EXE" /lhu "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\SAVONACCESSDRIV.INF"

I read a post recommeding copying NATIVE.EXE from the CIDS directory because it was not there, however I receive the same results.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Oh Crap Sorry!

[Edit by QC] I've deleted the large post with the complete Sophos Anti-Virus Uninstall log.txt and instead posted the relevant lines here

MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:114]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=UninstallDriverFiles64Vista,,)
    MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:115]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=UninstallDriverFiles64Vista,ActionType=1058,Source=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\,Target="C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\NATIVE.EXE" /lhu "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\SAVONACCESSDRIV.INF",)
    MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:115]: Note: 1: 1721 2: UninstallDriverFiles64Vista 3: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ 4: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\NATIVE.EXE" /lhu "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\SAVONACCESSDRIV.INF"
    MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:115]: Product: Sophos Anti-Virus -- Error 1721.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: UninstallDriverFiles64Vista, location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\NATIVE.EXE" /lhu "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\SAVONACCESSDRIV.INF"

MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:119]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    MSI (s) (10:40) [09:42:28:119]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    Action ended 9:42:28: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

[/Edit]

• Hello BillFolger,

guess the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\ folder does exist but is pretty empty, isn't it?

The following has helped in similar situations (coincidentally I had one case last week)

• stop the Sophos AutopUpdate Service so that it won't interfere
    • copy native.exe from C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\native\amd64\ to the above mentioned folder
    • do the same for the files in the ...\Cache\savxp\drivers\onaccess\win7_amd64\, ...\drivers\boottasks\, and ...\drivers\sdcfilter\win7_amd64\ folders (note: all files go to ...\Sophos Anti-Virus\ not to subfolders)
    • either uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus from the Control Panel's Programs and Features or simply start the AutoUpdate service, wait for or force an update which should then succeed

Ideally you should use the files belonging to the installed version (BTW: the logs suggest it's 10.3.11 which is about a year old) but usually it works

Christian

• YES!

It's up and working with 10.6.

Thank You Christian!

Reply Children
No Data