This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows XP - Failed to install SAVXP

Hi, 

We're having an issue installing Sophos Endpoint Security and Control onto an XP SP3 machine (yes, I know). We have a few others with it succesfully installed, however this one fails to update and the Sophos server console notes the issue as "Failed to install SAVXP: The MSI has failed [0x00000067]". 

I've completly removed SAV and followed multiple KB / forum threads on here to no avail. 

Looking at the installation log gives me this, but I cannot see a clear indication. 

Install from:[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms]
Install to :[(null)]
MsiPackagePath: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms\Sophos Remote Management System.msi].
Result of loading C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SAUConfigDLL.dll is: [1720000]
RMS: Current product is not installed.
RMS: Setup Plugin running MsiInstallProduct(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms\Sophos Remote Management System.msi,
REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 SOPHOS_TP_TOKEN=1 TRANSFORMS=1033.mst)

Has anyone else has similar issues with this? Any feedback or a solutuion is appeciated. 

Thanks,
David. 

:55596

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello David,

Failed to install SAVXP

the applicable logs (the snippet is from the RMS component) are usually in %Windir%\Temp named Sophos Anti-Virus [Major] {Install|CustomActions} Log_timestamp.txt.

Christian

:55599
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the rapid reply. 

Appologies for that, I've attatched the correct file. 

Many thanks! 

David. 

:55601
  • Hello David,

seems this is the point where it gives up:

MSI (s) (B8:E8) [12:44:57:133]: Note: 1: 2318 2: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Config\factory.xml 
    DEBUG: Error 2318:  File does not exist: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Config\factory.xml

Looks like it expects factory.xml in this location when it's doing InstallValidate. Dunno who's supposed to put it there - didn't see other errors in the log. Or I misinterpret this message ...

Can only suggest that you remove what's there (AU and RMS), reboot, and retry from the start (don't think thses would be the cause but check available space and permissions). Normally I'd say you should give Support a call but XP is, well, unsupported ...

Christian

:55610
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the response and for finding the error. 

Following this I located this file and found it to have a Cyclic Redundancy Check error (it is an oldish HDD). After running Check Disk it has managed to repair that file (and a few other files / sectors), allowing Sophos to apply the updates. 

Instead of a Sophos error we're now monitoring the health of that hard drive.

Thanks for your help this week Christian, have a good weekend!  

:55616