This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

trouble uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentias?

Sohops Enpoint Protection version 5.2.1 R2. Trying to remove 3rd party installs. Problem is the computers had both Symantec norton antivirus and Microsoft securty essentials installed. When pushing out Sophos and doing the 3rd party uninstall it was unsuccessful. So I went to the computers and "pulled" Sophos down. That worked. It uninstalled Symantec, and it appeared to uninstall MSE. But days later when MSE tried to get updates, it fails and produces an error, now at every startup. I have tried to manually uninstall MSE but it fails because the program is not all there. I've even trying removing Sophos and reinstalling MSE so that I could remove it. But even a new install fails. Has anyone had experience with this. It appears that MSE was not fully uninstalled and I can not seem to get past that. The Microsoft Security Client Error that comes up is Error Code 0x800700002. I've tried to research that and have not come up with anything. So MSE will not let me uninstall or install. I can install and run Sophos, but can't get rid of that error. Thanks

:47389

This thread was automatically locked due to age.