This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uninstall Sophos endpoint security and control

My PC (Windows XP) has been running Sophos endpoint security and control for many years i a domain environment.

When I retired the PC was disconnected from the domain and the updates are not running any longer.

I still have the PC and need to uninstall this software.

In Add or Remove programs three Sophos entries:

Sophos Anti-Virus

Sophos AutoUpdate

Sophos Remote Management System

How should I do?

:33387

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • HI,

It doesn't really matter but I would suggest for this sceanrio performing the following steps:

1. Ensure the process AlUpdate.exe isn't running (TaskManager - End process Alupdate.exe if exists)  (This is just to ensure that an AutoUpdate isn't trying to update).  If it was you'd get a warning but this will save that.

2. Uninstall RMS

3. Uninstall SAV

4. Uninstall AutoUpdate

5. Restart the computer, then to clear up if that's all Sophos application:
    Delete: "C:\program files\sophos\" and/or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\"

Note: It doesn't really matter what order for this sceanrio, the only reason I've suggested AutoUpdate last, is that this will ensure that install files of the other two are kept until they are removed just incase they are required to help with the removal.  

Regards,

Jak

:33389
  • HI,

It doesn't really matter but I would suggest for this sceanrio performing the following steps:

1. Ensure the process AlUpdate.exe isn't running (TaskManager - End process Alupdate.exe if exists)  (This is just to ensure that an AutoUpdate isn't trying to update).  If it was you'd get a warning but this will save that.

2. Uninstall RMS

3. Uninstall SAV

4. Uninstall AutoUpdate

5. Restart the computer, then to clear up if that's all Sophos application:
    Delete: "C:\program files\sophos\" and/or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\"

Note: It doesn't really matter what order for this sceanrio, the only reason I've suggested AutoUpdate last, is that this will ensure that install files of the other two are kept until they are removed just incase they are required to help with the removal.  

Regards,

Jak

:33389
Children
No Data