This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AutoUpdater kills internet connection when running

We have noticed an issue on two clients so far with the Sophos updater seemingly blocking internet traffic while it's running, without warning or apparent explanation to the client. We have to kill the updater process (ALUpdate.exe) to restore internet functionality. However, it's not all network traffic that's blocked - Outlook still works (connecting to Google Apps), but a normal webpage will not load. 

For the two cases I've seen so far, one is Windows 7 Ent x64, and one is Windows 7 Ent x86. Both appear completely up-to-date without errors in the Enterprise Console. 

Uninstalling and reinsalling will not fix this issue.  However, if I uninstall and go through and delete every Sophos folder in Program Files, ProgramData, etc, then it will work again on install, but only for a few days and then the problem will happen again. 

One is running the newest version of the client (10.0.9 VDL4.82G) and the other is running a fairly new version, and just hasn't talked to our update server in a few days (10.0.8 VDL4.81G)

Looking at the log on the server, I see an unknown error: 0000006a - Installation Caught Error.  Searching this on Sophos' website yields nothing. 

Any help is appreciated! 

:33989

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data