This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

End Point Sec and Protection - Email / pop3 protection?

We've moved from KAV Business Space Security to EPSC 9.7 deployed via EC 4.7.

As a test i've received several eicar laced emails and all came through ok to the EPSC clients and it wasn't until we saved then executed the files (.com .exe) that an alert came up.  On the KAV clients the emails were removed from Outlook and replaced with a virus found message, even on the odd client we have with Avast we were denied access to the virus emails.

I've searched and searched within the EC polices in relation to email / pop3 (Outlook clients) protection and can find nothing to configure for email protection.  Am i missing something?

Thanks.

:13221

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The product is missing is the ability to scan pop3 / smtp traffic, instead it's relying on the on-demand scanner to catch the payload.  Symantec, Kaspersky, Avast, Comodo, AVG etc. all intercept mail (inc all the free versions) can't fathom why Sophos doesn't.

For example pop3 email comes in virus embedded it's possible a user to forward that mail from within the email client on to other users and the Sophos wouldn't prevent it as the payload isn't saved or run.  Also the mind set of users is the AV software gets to virus laced emails before they even have a chance to do anything with it, now they are left to open those attachments at their lesiure.

:13563
  • The product is missing is the ability to scan pop3 / smtp traffic, instead it's relying on the on-demand scanner to catch the payload.  Symantec, Kaspersky, Avast, Comodo, AVG etc. all intercept mail (inc all the free versions) can't fathom why Sophos doesn't.

For example pop3 email comes in virus embedded it's possible a user to forward that mail from within the email client on to other users and the Sophos wouldn't prevent it as the payload isn't saved or run.  Also the mind set of users is the AV software gets to virus laced emails before they even have a chance to do anything with it, now they are left to open those attachments at their lesiure.

:13563
Children
No Data