This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Client Installation Failed - Error Code 80070057

Hello All,

I am having an installation failure error for only 1 specific machine. The error reads, "The installation could not be started. The parameter is incorrect. The computer may need additional configuration before installation. See knowledgebase article 29287. [0x80070057]"

I am running SEC 5.2.2, and the machine i am attempting to install endpoint on is a Windows Server 2012R2 Hyper-V VM. I have previously installed endpoint to multiple other machines that are exctly the same build out with no issues. There is a 2nd VM on the same host server that installed just fine, but this particular machine will not install.

The error message in the console points me to KB29287, i have verified the items it suggests could be the problem.

-Computer is online

-OS is supported as i have installed it on other W2012R2 machines before

-Firewall is off

-Remote registry settings is started and set to automatic

-I can successfully access the cetral share from the endpoint machine

-DNS is configure and working properly. i cand ping the central server by name from the endpoint, and ping the endpoint from the central server by name

The only article i have found in the KB that talks about 0x80070057 is KB119107, and it just says to close all applications, and/or reboot the computer. I have done that to no avail.

Has anyone ran instl this issue before, or have any other suggestions for me to try. At this point i am willing to try anything. My last resort would be deleting the VM and recreating it and trying again. But that would be an extreme last resort, and this server has already been promoted to a DC in my domain.

Thanks!

:55328

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello 1stMid_IT,

did you attempt the install before promoting the server? Anyway, I'd just run the install manually - using Protect computers is not mandatory. If it works you're done - if not you might get some additional information about the cause.

Christian

:55338