This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic Scan of removable media

Hi,

Is there a way of automatically scanning removable media when attached to a PC? We had an outbreak of conficker a few months back (don't want to go through that again!) and are still getting the odd memory stick attached by teachers that has conficker on. I'd be a lot happier if all memory sticks/USB hard drives were fully scanned each time they were attached!

I am also trying to educate staff to ensure their home PCs are fully protected!

edit - useful info.. We're running Enterprise console 4 and Endpoint security 9

Thanks,

Joe

:691

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the replies, and JoeDoe no need to be sorry for the pros and cons debate, the great thing about these kind of boards is the opportunity to bounce ideas around and get another perspective on an idea/issue!

Whilst most of our users only have a few documents on USB sticks, some do seem to carry their life history around on USB hard drives, so as you say lengthy scan times could be an issue, even more so as they devices continue to increase in size....

I guess it's just down to educating users and ensuring the AV is installed. working properly, and up to date on all connected devices....

Cheers!

:709
  • Thanks for the replies, and JoeDoe no need to be sorry for the pros and cons debate, the great thing about these kind of boards is the opportunity to bounce ideas around and get another perspective on an idea/issue!

Whilst most of our users only have a few documents on USB sticks, some do seem to carry their life history around on USB hard drives, so as you say lengthy scan times could be an issue, even more so as they devices continue to increase in size....

I guess it's just down to educating users and ensuring the AV is installed. working properly, and up to date on all connected devices....

Cheers!

:709
Children
No Data