This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint migration from server 2008 to 2019

I am currently trying to migrate sophos endpoint from a server 2008 to 2019 standard, I have followed the documentation and have backed up everything on the old server but when I get to the point below:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Sophos\

I cannot see that directory on server 2019?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello John Johnes,

according to the system requirements SEC 5.5.2 is the only version supported on 2019. The installer might not refuse to install on a higher OS version though (can't check right now).

AFAIK sec_550 installs SQL Server Express SP2, not really a current version. Apparently it is installed but it looks like something doesn't work as it should.
    I don't recommend this setup, unsupported SEC version (if it would indeed install the remaining components), outdated SQL Server version. Instead I'd suggest to uninstall the Database component and the SQL 2012 (if indeed that is what is installed), install SEC 5.5.2 (that will install SQL Express 2017). You can then nevertheless restore the SOPHOS550 database by explicitly specifying it and the backup files with TRS.bat. Normally the SQL RESTORE DATABASE command will create the database if it doesn't exist.
    Might sound complicated or complex but isn't. I've done so migrating 5.5.1 on 2008 R2 to 5.5.2 on 2016.

Christian