This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Standalone install not updating

Hello,

I have a new work computer that I needed to install Sophos on. My old work computer was running Sophos Endpoint 10.8.

I followed the instructions in the post linked below, which were helpful and I was able to get Sophos installed and updating.

However, the new installation of Sophos is only version 9.5. I had the impression that it would update automatically to version 10.8, but it seems like the AutoUpdate program is skipping through downloading the upgrades (when I force an update, "downloading package 1 of 3" displays quickly and then disappears). Does anybody know how I can upgrade Sophos to version 10.8?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I checked and Sophos RMS is running as a service... obviously I incorrectly thought this was a standalone install. Which logs do you require from the RMS folder you specified?

• I noticed RMS was being checked for updates in your update logs so I just wanted to verify that it was standalone.  The steps for standalone would not work for a managed install and I did not want to give you steps that did not work.

All the log files in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\Logs\ should be the same, the only difference is the date/time.  Can you share with us the newest/latest log file?

Also a thing to note is that the issue is likely to be a networking issue, either the Enterprise Console can't communicate with your endpoint or vise versa.  You will likely need someone who has access to this server to resolve the issue.  You can find the address of the server in the file "C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\NetworkReport\ReportData.xml" under "<parent_addresses>"

Windows Firewall may block ports 8192-8194 which is what RMS uses to communicate (and pass the AutoUpdate policy to your computer).  This would need to be allowed both ways.  You can test this by using PuTTy or if you installed the Telnet Client feature to Windows to connect from your endpoint to server on ports 8192 and 8194 and from your server to endpoint on the same ports.

• I noticed RMS was being checked for updates in your update logs so I just wanted to verify that it was standalone.  The steps for standalone would not work for a managed install and I did not want to give you steps that did not work.

All the log files in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\Logs\ should be the same, the only difference is the date/time.  Can you share with us the newest/latest log file?

Also a thing to note is that the issue is likely to be a networking issue, either the Enterprise Console can't communicate with your endpoint or vise versa.  You will likely need someone who has access to this server to resolve the issue.  You can find the address of the server in the file "C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\NetworkReport\ReportData.xml" under "<parent_addresses>"

Windows Firewall may block ports 8192-8194 which is what RMS uses to communicate (and pass the AutoUpdate policy to your computer).  This would need to be allowed both ways.  You can test this by using PuTTy or if you installed the Telnet Client feature to Windows to connect from your endpoint to server on ports 8192 and 8194 and from your server to endpoint on the same ports.

Children
No Data