This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Standalone install not updating

Hello,

I have a new work computer that I needed to install Sophos on. My old work computer was running Sophos Endpoint 10.8.

I followed the instructions in the post linked below, which were helpful and I was able to get Sophos installed and updating.

However, the new installation of Sophos is only version 9.5. I had the impression that it would update automatically to version 10.8, but it seems like the AutoUpdate program is skipping through downloading the upgrades (when I force an update, "downloading package 1 of 3" displays quickly and then disappears). Does anybody know how I can upgrade Sophos to version 10.8?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This is what is displayed under [PPI.WebConfig_Primary]:

AllowLocalConfig = 0

AutoDialTimeout =

LocalPath =

DownloadGranularity = 

ConnectionAddress = C:\SophosInstall\

PortNumber = 

UserName = 310644780327

UserPassword = (did not include it for privacy reasons)

ConnectionType = UNC

The name of the newest .ide file in \Sophos Anti-Virus is "fake-cfq.ide".

• Thanks Matteo.  I suspect the issue is with the configuration file (iconn.cfg) attempting to update from a local path.  If you have another working machine I would suggest replacing the iconn.cfg file with one from a working machine.  If you do not have another working machine, check if you have Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) in Add/Remove Programs or running as a service.

If Sophos RMS does not exist:

1. Copy C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\iconn.cfg to back it up
    2. Open Notepad as an administrator
    3. Open C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\iconn.cfg
    4. Modify the following lines under [PPI.WebConfig_Primary]. (If these lines do not exist, add them in.)
      ConnectionAddress = http~://es-web.sophos.com/update/ - Remove the ~, the forums changes this text if I do not have it here.
      UseSophos = 1
      ConnectionType = HTTP
    5. Save the file
    6. Right click the Sophos shield icon on Windows task bar and select Update now.

If Sophos RMS exists then this would indicate that it is not a standalone install.  We would want to look at the logs located in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\Logs\ to find out why this endpoint cannot pull a new updating policy from the Enterprise Console.

• Thanks Matteo.  I suspect the issue is with the configuration file (iconn.cfg) attempting to update from a local path.  If you have another working machine I would suggest replacing the iconn.cfg file with one from a working machine.  If you do not have another working machine, check if you have Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) in Add/Remove Programs or running as a service.

If Sophos RMS does not exist:

1. Copy C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\iconn.cfg to back it up
    2. Open Notepad as an administrator
    3. Open C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\iconn.cfg
    4. Modify the following lines under [PPI.WebConfig_Primary]. (If these lines do not exist, add them in.)
      ConnectionAddress = http~://es-web.sophos.com/update/ - Remove the ~, the forums changes this text if I do not have it here.
      UseSophos = 1
      ConnectionType = HTTP
    5. Save the file
    6. Right click the Sophos shield icon on Windows task bar and select Update now.

If Sophos RMS exists then this would indicate that it is not a standalone install.  We would want to look at the logs located in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Router\Logs\ to find out why this endpoint cannot pull a new updating policy from the Enterprise Console.

Children
No Data