This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Linux savdstatus --version showing Threat Data is out of date and appears to not update with savupdate

When updating my linux installation manually using "savupdate" and then running "savdstatus --version" It appears to not actually update despite saying it's successful the last update time never changes when I run this either. I can see files within Primary and PrimaryWarehouse have been updated after I run it though so it appears to be doing something.

Additionally running "savupdate -v 5 --debug" shows no issues and it updating IDEs fine. 

[user@machine bin]$ sudo ./savupdate
Successfully updated Sophos Anti-Virus from sdds:SOPHOS
[user@machine bin]$ ./savdstatus --version
Copyright 1989-2019 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved.
Sophos Anti-Virus = 9.16.0
Build Revision = 2821170
Threat detection engine = 3.77.1
Threat data = 5.75
Threat count = 50719619
Threat data release = Tue 12 May 2020 00:00:00
Last update = Tue 19 May 2020 05:20:21 BST

Could you advise on why it's showing this and what I can do to show what versions I'm actually on?

Thanks,

Callum

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Callum,

can't say (don't have my Linux at hand) if a and which command would show the number of IDEs.

The Threat data release refers to the consolidated library (the .vdbs) that is updated roughly monthly. Last update indicates the last successful update and as you say it is updating IDEs fine. The indicator that "something" has been added is the Threat count which should increase with every (actual) update.

Christian