This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Alert or Notification for when a user starts a scan on workstation

I want to know if it was possible to get an alert or notification if a user starts a scan on a workstation.  In the activity summary window on the workstation it will show the username and scan type if someone starts a manual scan.  I would like to get an alert or notification either in the SEC or via email when an end user starts a scan if possible.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create an alert or send an email/notification for this event. Alerts can be created for Virus, spyware, data control, web control, application control, peripheral control which could generate a warning or critical alerts for any of the systems. Scanning is not the warning or critical level of the event. 

It gets displayed on the activity summary windows on the workstation because that shows the overview of sav.txt file which is on that particular machine and Scans are reported there.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi  

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create an alert or send an email/notification for this event. Alerts can be created for Virus, spyware, data control, web control, application control, peripheral control which could generate a warning or critical alerts for any of the systems. Scanning is not the warning or critical level of the event. 

It gets displayed on the activity summary windows on the workstation because that shows the overview of sav.txt file which is on that particular machine and Scans are reported there.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

Children
No Data