This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint issue on Windows 10 1903+

Hi,

I wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

On a clean build of Windows 10 1903/1909 Education/Enterprise/Professional with no GPOs applied, once Sophos Endpoint is installed the user receives multiple messages saying an app has been reset to defaults.

I've attached a screen shot of the error messages. They only appear once a user logs onto a machine.

I've downloaded the latest Sophos Endpoint Setup file from Cloud.Sophos and Windows 10 x64 1909 has been installed from the latest ISO downloaded from the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.

Windows does not have this error until Sophos is installed. It also works fine on Windows 10 1803.

Thanks,

Matt Courtman

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Would you please subscribe to Endpoint Security and Control group? I can then move your post to that forum. Or you can post a new thread over there as well.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi,

Thanks for your help and sorry I posted in the wrong place.

I have now joined the group.

Matt

IT Operations Manager

Cromwell Community College

E: mcourtman@cromwell.cambs.sch.uk

P: 01354 697483

M: 07818 452788

• Hi  

I checked but there is no known issue which mentions this particular issue with Windows 10 1903 and 1903+.

To troubleshoot it in detail, we need more logs, so I'd request you to create a case here. Once it is created, please PM me the case number.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi,

We've had a couple of Sophos technical staff remote on and look.

The first said it was a Sophos issue, the second said it was Microsoft's issue, so as a last resort I decided to create a post on this forum.

I stress it's a completely clean installation of Windows 10 1909 x64 on a standalone laptop, which works fine until Sophos Endpoint is installed.

I have tried 5 different makes and models of laptop and all have the same issue after Sophos is installed.

I have logged into my cloud account and downloaded the latest endpoint setup file.

Logs have been captured and sent to Sophos, our case reference number is: 945185

Thanks

Matt

IT Operations Manager

• Hi,

We've had a couple of Sophos technical staff remote on and look.

The first said it was a Sophos issue, the second said it was Microsoft's issue, so as a last resort I decided to create a post on this forum.

I stress it's a completely clean installation of Windows 10 1909 x64 on a standalone laptop, which works fine until Sophos Endpoint is installed.

I have tried 5 different makes and models of laptop and all have the same issue after Sophos is installed.

I have logged into my cloud account and downloaded the latest endpoint setup file.

Logs have been captured and sent to Sophos, our case reference number is: 945185

Thanks

Matt

IT Operations Manager

Children