This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AutoUpdate failing on PCs where they are limited to certain websites

We have a bunch of PCs in our factory that have limited website access. There is a list of approved websites they can reach.

On these units Sophos will not update. I am trying to find out the location of the site it's trying to download from so I can add it to the list of sites these PCs can access.

Thanks,

Steve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Steve,

Is that Endpoint managed via Sophos Central [cloud]?

In that case, please follow the Link here and reinstall Sophos Autoupdate manually and see if that fixes the issue.

Sophos AutoUpdate is missing during the initial Sophos Cloud installation or during an update.

If that is an Endpoint managed by an on-premise version, then please check the MSI Install logs located at C:\Windows\Temp or %temp% folder on that device to find the error message.

An uninstall reinstall will also help.

SAJ
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Thank you for the reply.

I do not have that issue. All the services are there and running, however I did go and try the instructions sent, however even with Admin rights on that PC it won't complete the install saying:

Could not delete key \SOFTWARE\Sophos\Remote Management System\ManagementAgent\Adapters\ALC. Then it says it can't write the value either.

The issue is we have web access rules on these PCs they aren't reaching the server to do the update.

If I knew what the server name/IP is that autoupdate is reaching I can add it to the list of approved websites and it should let us update Sophos.

• Thank you for the reply.

I do not have that issue. All the services are there and running, however I did go and try the instructions sent, however even with Admin rights on that PC it won't complete the install saying:

Could not delete key \SOFTWARE\Sophos\Remote Management System\ManagementAgent\Adapters\ALC. Then it says it can't write the value either.

The issue is we have web access rules on these PCs they aren't reaching the server to do the update.

If I knew what the server name/IP is that autoupdate is reaching I can add it to the list of approved websites and it should let us update Sophos.

Children