This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 Pro on ARM processor system

Good morning everyone,

I just saw an advertisement for the new Surface Pro X, which will run a Qualcomm produced ARM processor. My question is, if I start deploying these in my network, will I be able to protect them with Sophos Endpoint Security and Control pushed from a Sophos Enterprise Console setup? 

I have read the specifications found in https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121027, but that is for Sophos Central, I am not finding anything in https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/118621 that talks about specific processor architecture. 

Any and all help would be appreciated.

-Robert

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Robert, 

Just to confirm, Endpoint is supported on various OS platforms (e.g. Windows 10, etc.) as shown on the links you have provided. Therefore, Endpoint is not dependent on the processor architecture that the platforms run on. 

I hope this helps please let us know if you have any further questions about this. 

Regards, 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi Rod,

In the first link it specifically states that Sophos Central Endpoint will run on x86 or 64 bit processors for Windows (not ARM). Does this same statement apply to on-prem solutions or is this a Sophos Central issue only?

-Robert

• Hi Robert, 

I discussed this further with senior engineers and I do stand corrected. The upcoming Surface Pro X that will run on an ARM processor will not be supported by Endpoint (I do apologize for the earlier confusion). 

The issue is with ARM processor and how it emulates 64 bit applications. Particularly, applications that originally were coded for 32 bit applications like Endpoint. 

This applies to both Endpoint Security and Control and Central based Endpoints. 

I would suggest you enter a feature request through our Sophos Ideas site for a variant that will be compatible for Surface Pro X. 

Regards, 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link