This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems installing Sophos Endpoint on servers without Internet Access

Hi all,

I already have an open support ticket regarding this, but it is not progressing very quickly so I wanted to try and get some more help/advice.

We have recently migrated our entire estate from on premises Sophos Enterprise to the online Sophos Central.  Most things have gone well, but I have 2 servers (one is Server 2016, one is 2008) which are in separate vLan's without access to the Internet (for security reasons) which I am having problems installing the endpoint software.

I have 2 x message relay servers on our network.  I understand that I should be able to run the SophosSetup.exe with the cmd line switch --messagerelays=IPADDRESS:8190 to install the software via the message relay server as opposed to the internet.  Every time I do this, the installer starts but fails at the first step saying it is "unable to connect to Sophos".

As mentioned earlier, these servers reside in separate vlans, but IP forwarding is enabled to allow them to communicate with our main network.  I can successfully ping the message relay server from the client server and I have even tested telnet over port 8190 to check that the port is open and I can communicate from the client server to the message relay server over this port.  These client servers are currently sucsesfully communicating with our on-prem Sophos Enterprise server which resides in the same vLAN as the message relay servers.

I am really eager to get these last two servers migrated so that I can shutdown and retire the old on prem server.  Please help!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data