This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tamper password not available. How to remove it in mac ?

I am using a personal mac laptop at work. I installed a Sophos Endpoint offered by work place. I was told today that IT support turned of the admin login and set a tamper password. Since I am using a personal mac computer, the IT guy is not allowed to work on a personal computer to unistall the Sophos Endpoint for me. I would like to know if there is any solution to remove the tamper password, so I can uninstall Sophos Endpoint. Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

You are using your personal device but the Sophos Anti-Virus installed on your machine is provided by your organization and also managed by them. You need to work with them in order to disable tamper protection on your device and uninstall the Sophos. Please refer to this article to turn off tamper protection but you'll need the help of your IT to get the password.

If the password provided by them is also not valid then they need to open a case with Sophos to disable the tamper protection on MAC machine.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link