This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will Sophos support offline updates to Linux after no longer supported by enterprise console?

We are looking to roll out some type of malware scanning to our Linux servers.  There are about 40-50 of these servers.  We are allowed to make an Internet connection from one host and that host would need to provide updates to these Linux servers.  We can provide this type of protection with SEP, however it does not offer protection for the wide selection of linux flavors that Sohpos offers.

The big question here is can they be centrally managed and updated without the Enterprise console.  Supposedly support is being removed after December 2019 for Linux servers.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mike,

You should be able to push out Sophos Endpoint Protection managed by Sophos Enterprise Console.  Could you elaborate on what you mean when it does not offer protection for a wide selection of Linux flavors? What type of protection and what are some example flavors of Linux?

It may be possible to have one Linux endpoint pull updates from Sophos and all the other Linux machines pull updates from this endpoint's /opt/sophos-av/update/cache/Primary/ but it would be a janky workaround that is not guaranteed to work.  I have not tested this myself.

Where are you getting your information for support for SEC managed Linux servers ending after December 2019?  I'm seeing this only applies to UNIX machines: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119018