This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos 10.8.4 not updating correctly and/or freezing during scheduled scans

For some weeks now we have some machines not updating correctly and some freezing during a scheduled scan. At first we thought this was related to some Defective Windows Updates. But this should be cleared by now. The problem on these systems do still persist.

Symptoms:

- System freezes on full scan (scheduled). This is not every time but once in a while....

- Sophos doesn't update and hangs on the update "SEC mentions: Installation caught error [0x0000006a]

In my attempts to solve the issue we have done the following:

- reboot the system: Sophos seems to install this time, but surely it fails again at the next SEC update.

- if the system freezes a reboot is the only solution, no way to get the system running again.

Looking into this I found the following registry and .dll which are mentioned in the system log:

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

AppInit_DLLs Value C:\Windows\system32\SophosAV\SOPHOS~1.DLL

The file is named sophos_detoured_x64.dll

I can not find any refrence to this file being in this location on the Sophos website. Should this file be there? It's seems a legit file from Sophos Ltd.

- The installations seem to crash after:

2019-08-08 07:39:39 Info: Logging started: performing minor update to Sophos Anti-Virus.
2019-08-08 07:39:39 Info: Beginning Shared Custom Actions. Logging will appear in Custom Action log.
2019-08-08 07:39:39 Info: Running Set Update Begin shared custom action.

I can not find where this goes wrong?

Some systems have both problems some have one or the other. (and others are just fine :-)   )

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data