This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SVE using loads of CPU - updating?

Hi, running Sophos SVE for VDI, and experiencing high CPU load on the SVMs. Our setup is as follows:-

3x converged appliances with 4x hosts, lots of CPU cores and 2TB RAM in each appliance, running vSphere 6.0. Each appliance has 2x SVM VMs with 2x CPUs, giving a total of 6x SVMs across the appliances. All IPs for all SVMs have been added to the guest agent, so the load is split across them all.

Approximately 550 desktop VMs (running Windows 7), Instantclones delivered under VMware Horizon 7.7.

Noticed recently a bit of a slowdown on the VMs, on further inspection the SVM VMs are spending a lot of time at very high CPU load. I've also noticed in the logs mention of "updating". As the SVMs themselves update automatically without any input from us other than an occasional reboot, it appears that the desktop VMs themselves are updating and as it is a non-persistent environment, each time the user logs off it re-generates the VM and forces another update. Would this account for the high load? Is there any way of disabling this so I can push updates back until I update the gold image?

Cheers

JD

This thread was automatically locked due to age.