This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos can Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

Has there been any issues regarding running Sophos with the latest Mac OS Beta 10.15?

Asking as learned that some of the underlying file infrastructure has changed, and since installing and running Sophos seeing the cooling fans running almost constant with Sophos grabbing a fair amount of CPU time.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Same problem here with running the Catalina developer pre-release. I subscribe to Sophos Home and experienced multiple kernel panics until the software was removed. Disabling it did not fix the problem.

Any idea of when we can expect a stable product? The release date will be announced today and I'm not crazy about running my computer without AV.

• Hello bocaboy,

there is a Known Issues article for the Enterprise products, it doesn't mention kernel panics though ut speaks of other issues not covered in older versions. Unfortunately the Home Release Notes use a different versioning system so I can't say what version of the AV proper is in use in Home. I assume that updates to prepare to support MacOS 10.15 Catalina refers mainly to the communication component. The Enterprise version supposed to support Catalina is scheduled for September/October. As always - don't hold your breath.

Christian 

Reply Children
No Data