This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise console: Email Notification/Alerting is not working in thru Gmail

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure the S.E.C Email Alerting using Google Account but doesn't work

Can someone help, Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello SaiRex,

you didn't say what doesn't work. Apparently you don't have an internal email-system or SMTP and the challenge is perhaps setting the required port and credentials.
    Please see Ability to specify a port for Email Alerts in Information on Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1 and Authenticated SMTP in email reporting.

Christian

• I am having the same issue. I configure the SMTP server as smtp.gmail.com:587 (using TLS), and when I test it it tells me I successfully connected to the smtp server. However, my reports never get delivered to my Gmail account.

Trying to migrate this function from my Exchange server to Google.

• Hello Dave Moran,

are you talking about Scheduled Reports (e.g. Alert and event history) or alerts when a threshold is exceeded? AFAIK the former is logged in %ProgramData%\Sophos\Sophos Endpoint Management\log\sophos-management-services.log in lines containing Sophos.Management.Email.Email.

when I test it it tells me I successfully connected to the smtp server
    this is because it does nothing more than connecting to the specified address and checking for the 220 .... greeting. When a report is about to be sent you'll likely get Failed to send email [...] The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. [...] in the above mentioned log.
    When you try to test with the TLS port (465) the test will fail. This suggests SEC (still) doesn't talk SSL/TLS to an SMTP server. Dunno why this has not been implemented as, if I'm not mistaken, the underlying CDOSYS would support it.

Christian