This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possible Memory Problem after Windows 10 1903 Update

Currently have Sophos Central with Sophos Endpoint running on several machines here, i was the first to update to the latest Windows 10 1903 Update and noticed after the machine sitting idle for a while that the above service is consuming a lot of RAM.

Any solutions to this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi all,

Contacted Sophos support to see how I could get the Core Agent 2.4.0. To quote "the fix will be on core agent 2.4.0 which is going out and completing on July 9, 2019 UK time". So should get to everyone by July 9. In the mean time, I was provided the following hotfix and instructions:

1. Disable Tamper Protection 
    2. Download https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/downloads/eula.aspx?downloadKey=c6594270-c690-418f-8b1b-e21e21433e4a 
    3. Extract sspservice_winep-20001.zip 
    4. Open Services.msc and stop the "Sophos System Protecton Service" 
    5. In file explorer navigate to <C:\Program Files\Sophos\Endpoint Defense\> 
    6. From the extracted sspservice_winep-20001.zip copy and replace the existing SSPService.exe
         32bit - sspservice_winep-20001\32-bit\SSPService.exe
         64bit - sspservice_winep-20001\64-bit\SSPService.exe 
    7. Open Services.msc and start the "Sophos System Protecton Service" 

I found it easier to just kill SSPService.exe from task manager. Stopping the service didn't seem to stop the running instance of SSPService.exe anyway.

• Hello,

I decided to wait for the release 2.4.0 of the Core Agent and tried to update our clients machines today.

We still don't get the update, as you can see in the screenshot, we stay on Core Agent 2.2.3, so what is going wrong here?

Regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hello,

I decided to wait for the release 2.4.0 of the Core Agent and tried to update our clients machines today.

We still don't get the update, as you can see in the screenshot, we stay on Core Agent 2.2.3, so what is going wrong here?

Regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children