This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Veeam backup and replication restore scanned by antivirus software.

Hey,

We use Veeam Backup and replication for backup and recovery.

We also use Sophos Protection on the server.

When I want to restore a VM, Veeam has the option to scan the VM for malware.

When I check that option I get an error message that there is no antivirus software.

I searched on Google and found this page: helpcenter.veeam.com/.../av_scan_xml.html

Searched for the .xml file and found but there are only examples but not for Sophos.

In the meantime I have found that Sophos has CLI but the rest of the institutions is still unclear to me.

Is there someone who can help me with this or who uses it himself?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jelle Dop,

I assume you are referring to SAV32CLI?
    AFAIK it's not intended and supported for automation. I think it'd work, though - as said - it's an unsupported scenario. The exit codes are no longer documented - it shouldn't be too hard to figure them out (there are IIRC just four basic ones), similarly the format of the ThreatExists messages.

Christian

• Hi there,

Thanks for your answer. I already found SAV32CLI but i need to know if there is something in the register of service line that i need to enter.

• Hello Jelle Dop,

this is more a Veeam question, viz them meaning of the <AntivirusInfo> tag's attributes.
    I'm Veeam-ignorant but I'd say that these attributes are used to verify the AV is installed and functioning when IsPortableSoftware='false', otherwise it just checks the ExecutableFilePath. You'd probably not need these attributes but they'd be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SAVService and SAVService respectively.

Christian

• Hello Jelle Dop,

this is more a Veeam question, viz them meaning of the <AntivirusInfo> tag's attributes.
    I'm Veeam-ignorant but I'd say that these attributes are used to verify the AV is installed and functioning when IsPortableSoftware='false', otherwise it just checks the ExecutableFilePath. You'd probably not need these attributes but they'd be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SAVService and SAVService respectively.

Christian

Children
No Data