This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint installer questions: Download from Sophos website / Generate from 2nd SEC

Are installers for Sophos Endpoint Security and Control available for download from the Sophos website?

The installer will be used to install SESC on fully stand-alone and isolated machines (no network/internet connection). Updates will be provided from a Sophos Enterpise Console connected to the internet (as per community.sophos.com/.../64899).

Due to how things are organized we do not want the SESC installer generated from this SEC. Rather we want to have an independent installer. We may have overlooked things but we weren't able to find such an installer on the Sophos website (could be because we're in trial at the moment, as such we cannot explore the Download section of the website).

Another solution we're thinking about is to have a second SEC (which will be located on another premise) and generate the SESC installer from there. Is it actually possible that the SESC instance is installed from one SEC and updated from another SEC?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello CloudSora,

first of all, Sophos can't provide packages for managed installations because unique site-specific keys and certificate are required for communication and verification.
    As the article mentions you can use stand-alone installation for which an installer package is available on the downloads page where you download SEC. Furthermore the Deployment Packager can be used to create installers without the RMS (communication) component,

updated from another SEC
    you intend to copy the CID to the SA machines? The basic components (SAV, AutoUpdate) are independent of the SEC/SUM.

Christian

• Yes, we intend to copy the CID to the stand-alone machines.

Thanks for the quick answers!

• Hello CloudSora,

the quick answers
    were indeed quick. I said The basic components (SAV, AutoUpdate) are independent of the SEC/SUM. Thinking about it this is not unconditionally true. For one thing likely the same customer_ID must be present - I assumed you intend to use the same license and its credentials on the two SEC/SUMs. Otherwise I think all that is required is that the CID is consistent (but I've never tested it).

I must admit I didn't understand most of how things are organized [:)], I understand you're in trial and you're interested in a non-standard use - and apparently you've already acquired a lot of knowledge.

Christian

• Hello CloudSora,

the quick answers
    were indeed quick. I said The basic components (SAV, AutoUpdate) are independent of the SEC/SUM. Thinking about it this is not unconditionally true. For one thing likely the same customer_ID must be present - I assumed you intend to use the same license and its credentials on the two SEC/SUMs. Otherwise I think all that is required is that the CID is consistent (but I've never tested it).

I must admit I didn't understand most of how things are organized [:)], I understand you're in trial and you're interested in a non-standard use - and apparently you've already acquired a lot of knowledge.

Christian

Children
No Data