This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Process Exclusion for Windows 2012 R2 Server

Hi All,

I was wondering if you guys could possibly help.

We run mostly Windows 2012 R2 Server for our server installs and have found the need to put a process exclusion in for a couple of processes on a couple of servers.

I've found the registry entries for entering the exclusions for older OS's like Win XP, Win 7, Win 2008 Server etc. and these work a treat but I found a couple of pages on the web saying that the registry entries for the exclusions doesn't work with Win 2012 R2. I tried it anyway and it didn't seem to work so I would say that this is the case.

Is this right ? ? ?  Is there an alternative option for excluding a process ? ? ?

For the record, we are using SEC V5.5.0 and V10.8.2. I see there is SEC V5.5.1 which has process exclusion options but I can't upgrade to this yet as we still have a couple of old Win XP & Win 2003 Server installs which I cannot get rid of yet.

Many thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Paul James,

can't say why it no longer works on Windows 10 or Server 2012/2016, there's probably no equivalent.

can't upgrade to this yet as we still have a couple of old Win XP & Win 2003 Server installs
    XP/2003 endpoints should not preclude an update to 5.5.1. In fact there are no problems, I also still have (mare than) a couple and they are doing fine (if you have an Extended license - they no longer update with 10.8.2).

Christian

• Hello Paul James,

can't say why it no longer works on Windows 10 or Server 2012/2016, there's probably no equivalent.

can't upgrade to this yet as we still have a couple of old Win XP & Win 2003 Server installs
    XP/2003 endpoints should not preclude an update to 5.5.1. In fact there are no problems, I also still have (mare than) a couple and they are doing fine (if you have an Extended license - they no longer update with 10.8.2).

Christian

Children
  • Hi Christian,

Many thanks for the reply.......

I bit the bullet and upgraded the admin console and the process exclusion feature magically got added. I went through the exclusions and turned some of them into the process type and also added a couple of other processes that I've been meaning to add.

Touch wood, everything seems to be working OK ! ! !

Many thanks for the info and for convincing me it was a worth while upgrade as it was !

Cheers