This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos relay server @site with only proxy for web traffic

I have 4 off-site locations that have all non-proxy traffic blocked, we are installing the new endpoint software but the relay server is at the hospital and uses up all the bandwidth of the offsite location during install. To the point, they run extremely slow and are unable to log into the printers also the printers spooling takes forever. My plan was to take a server to the locations to use as a local relay but I don't have the bypass addresses to allow it around the proxy nor do I know how to get it to function through the proxy.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jonathan,

this is Central-specific and better placed in the Central forum. Please join the Central group, you should then be able to move this thread over (or have it moved by a Moderator).
    And ... it's not very clear what you already have set  up, on which device you have taken the screenshot, and what you mean by bypass addresses - perhaps it's because I'm not familiar with Central. All I understand that this cache (in what part of the network is it) shown is stale, i.e. it failed to update (from where) for the last six days or so.

Christian

• If I know the web address/IPs the server uses to be a relay I could ACL the addresses and allow the Sophos relay server to bypass the proxy and function properly. The message relay server that is not working is at 1 of the 4 off-site locations as I wanted to use it for the install of the endpoint software over the local network not over the tunnel back to the hospital. The current setup at all my offsite locations has all traffic not ACL blocked and routed through the proxy. The screenshot is on the server @ the location with proxy only traffic.  

As I believe I'm in the wrong thread I do not know how to move it to the correct forum subject hopefully a mod can assist.

Thanks for the fast reply,

Jonathan

• Hello Jonathan,

I do not know how to move it
    as said, you'd have to join the Central group first (like you did here), if you go to the Central forum you'll see  This group requires membership for participation - click to join . You (or a moderator) will then be able to move the thread.

How did you manage to install the server @ the location with proxy only traffic? The installer is basically a bootstrap routine that installs and configures the components required to communicate with and download from Central. Dunno what the Self Help window should look like but it seems the initial install succeeded, if so it must have been able to download and I wonder why the cache is now stale.

bypass the proxy
    AFAIK using a proxy server is supported. The article contains links to other articles that might be of interest in the Related information section.

Christian

• Hello Jonathan,

I do not know how to move it
    as said, you'd have to join the Central group first (like you did here), if you go to the Central forum you'll see  This group requires membership for participation - click to join . You (or a moderator) will then be able to move the thread.

How did you manage to install the server @ the location with proxy only traffic? The installer is basically a bootstrap routine that installs and configures the components required to communicate with and download from Central. Dunno what the Self Help window should look like but it seems the initial install succeeded, if so it must have been able to download and I wonder why the cache is now stale.

bypass the proxy
    AFAIK using a proxy server is supported. The article contains links to other articles that might be of interest in the Related information section.

Christian

Children
No Data