This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Advanced Protection licensing question

Good day, 

I have a question about Sophos Endpoint Advanced. Earlier this year decided to purchase AV protection from a Sophos partner locally and I decided on endpoint advanced. I have a small environment about 5-6 users with some potential growth in the near to medium future. 

When I checked the to pricing and offerings, I saw the I could buy subscription for 1-9 users for 12/24 etc months. I though this was great an purchased a subscription package as I thought this would fit my environment. I subsequently discovered that despite the description stating 1-9 users, I could not use this for 1-9 users I had to have a subscription for each user. 

Why describe your products like this? I explained to the Sophos partner my environment and need before purchasing and no one explained how many licences I needed or how the system worked. I was so badly burnt that I have not even bothered to look further at using this expensive product since I tried to enroll my users. 

Could someone please explain how the product licencing works and how many subscription packages I would need?

Thank you for you time.

Nick.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello NickKeene,

first of all, I'm neither Sophos nor a partner.
    I'd say a Partner is supposed to know the basics of licensing and how it works with the different products. The Licensing Guide isn't a very complex document.

As to the price quote: A listing in the form 1-9 users isn't that unusual (I know it from many vendors) and the quote refers to one license in the 1 to 9 licenses bracket, in other words: For up to 9 licenses it's the stated amount each.

Christian