This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Air-gapped network question

Hi

I am looking for some advice on the following scenario.

I have some Windows 2016 servers and Windows 10 clients on an air-gapped network.

I appreciate you can run a standalone environment as per this document.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/64899

However neither solution offered in the document appears to fit my exact requirements.

I think this may be a long shot but I would like to know if the below is possible?

I need to update the client’s engine and ide’s without any Sophos management infrastructure at all in the air gapped network.

Ideally the update has to be only end user initiated and the users do not have admin permissions on the client device.

Just thought I would ask before trying to engineer something.

I am starting from a blank canvas using the latest release.

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello billy bob,

the update has to be only end user initiated and the users do not have admin permissions
    why only end user initiated? Apparently either your end users or something in the network is a risk - otherwise you wouldn't need AV. Anyway you have to get the updates into the network by some means. If you don't want a management server you'd need at least a share or some removable media (the latter mounted with a fixed drive letter) so that AutoUpdate (with the share or drive as update location) can do its work.

Christian