This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anywhere I can access Sophos Enterprise Console 5.2.1 R2 installer?

I am trying to migrate SEC from Windows 2003 Server to Windows 2012 R2. Current version installed on Server 2003 is 5.2.1 R2. The installer is on the old server however on launch it shows as 5.2.1 only so think whoever put the installer on there has mislabelled it.

Checking the sophos download portal it appears to offer only 5.1 and then 5.4 versions and upwards. So does anyone have a link or contact at Sophos who could help a brother out with the required installer?

muchas gracias,

Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Tom,

so you want to install 5.2.1 R2 on the 2012 R2? I assume the database is local?
    It's not really necessary (although the recommended migrate → upgrade approach). You can as well

• install the 5.5.1 database component on the 2012
    • backup the 5.2.1 database, restore on the 2012
    • install the management server and console component on the 2012

It is possible to migrate and upgrade in one step. You're probably not familiar with migration, are you?

Christian

• Hello Tom,

so you want to install 5.2.1 R2 on the 2012 R2? I assume the database is local?
    It's not really necessary (although the recommended migrate → upgrade approach). You can as well

• install the 5.5.1 database component on the 2012
    • backup the 5.2.1 database, restore on the 2012
    • install the management server and console component on the 2012

It is possible to migrate and upgrade in one step. You're probably not familiar with migration, are you?

Christian

Children
No Data