This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC is Synchronized with Active Directory & is not installing sophos security software automatically

Product version SEC: 5.5.0

Afternoon,

SEC is Synchronized with Active Directory & is not installing sophos security software automatically. 

I recently connected a new computer up to the domain without sophos endpoint software on it. I went onto SEC & saw it in the list under Unmanaged in the green Synchronized OU folder. I tried manually protecting the computer but it wont install the software even when I manually try & do it?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello luke hawkins,

except for one computer on the screenshot there's an error indicated. As all are unmanaged computers these errors must be failed attempts to automatically protect the devices. Thus automatic protection works insofar as it is correctly attempted. It does (or attempts to do) the same as Protect computers - if the latter fails the former also will. What errors are these?

Christian

• Hi Christian

Thanks for getting back so quick! 

If the computer is in the synchronized OU, it chucks an error. If it is outside the synchronized OU, it is left blank. 

When clicking to find out what the error & alert is... Its just shows blank for both panes.

• Hello luke hawkins,

installation and updating errors aren't shown under Alerts and Errors - you can't view them there and you can't acknowledge them, only a successful install/update will clear them.

Either go to the Update errors column (farther right) on the Status tab,  Alert and Error Details tab, the Update Details tab, or right-click View Computer Details.

Christian

• Hello luke hawkins,

installation and updating errors aren't shown under Alerts and Errors - you can't view them there and you can't acknowledge them, only a successful install/update will clear them.

Either go to the Update errors column (farther right) on the Status tab,  Alert and Error Details tab, the Update Details tab, or right-click View Computer Details.

Christian

Children
  • Hi Christian,

If I add a new PC to an OU. It chucks this error straight away... 0x0000002e (I have looked at what this means & configured the GPO correctly)

Now... I can manually push the antivirus to the PC buy going through the wizard fine... but it doesn't do it automatically? (As you see in the previous picture, it has the automatic download box ticked)

Any ideas why its not downloading it automatically?

• Hello Luke,

the PC was already joined (and rebooted), you moved it to the OU, it was then synced and you got more or less immediately this error, right?
    You get 0x0000002e when name resolution fails, the endpoint is switched off or otherwise unreachable/inaccessible. Now it is thinkable that the sequence of steps (join, OU move, reboot, sync) is performed with "unfortunate timing" so that protection hits into empty space. But unless you carefully (mis-)time your actions protection should at least occasionally succeed.

Christian