This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All endpoints are failing to update

Good morning all

We are having some issues with all endpoints failing to update with the same error message.

Trace(2018-Jun-11 16:39:53): CIDUpdateLocation::SyncProduct: Failed to update product (SAVXP) from "\\Servername\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP", Error is :CIDSYNC_E_RCIDERROR (Remote CID is corrupted.)

Only thing i have found is someone saying rebuild the CID but i have no instructions to do this. 

Any assistance would be wonderful.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Scott Wilson,

a rare case. Make sure that SEC/SUM doesn't perform an update (the Download status in the Update managers view should say Last checked at: ... and there should be a few minutes left until the next update check. Browse to the CID (e.g. %ProgramData%\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP) and delete its contents. Wait for the next update or request Update Now - this should rebuild the CID.

Christian

• Do i do this on the central location or on each machine, because if i have to do this on each machine... that sucks

• Hello Scott Wilson,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. You have to do this on the machine hosting the share (that's why I used the NTFS path but maybe the use of the environment variable is confusing).

Christian

• Yeah sorry it was just me.

I have removed the contents and servers are starting to update. 

Thank you very much for your help

Just a note, it tried a full update after removing contents and it stated:

Time: 6/12/2018 10:54:30
    Message: Downloading product Sophos Endpoint Defense from server \\Servername\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\
    Module: CIDUpdate
    Process ID: 2564
    Thread ID: 6316

Time: 6/12/2018 10:54:29
    Message: Could not connect to the server. Check that this computer is connected to the network and that Sophos AutoUpdate is configured to update from the correct location with the correct credentials and proxy details (if required)

Time: 6/12/2018 10:54:29
    Message: Downloading product Sophos Network Threat Protection from server \\ServerName\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\

After the second full update it started working and downloaded the correct files.

Many thanks

• Hello Scott Wilson,

as you replied within minutes it might be that the CIDs was not yet completely built (although I'd rather expect download errors in this case)

Christian

• Hi Scoot Wilson,

I see that you have already got the required information. However for reference we have the below KBA contains the same steps documented. Please refer the first 5steps mentioned in "What to do" section to recreate the CID folder.

How to recreate the CID folder for SUM

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.