This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Kaspersky endpoint removal requires a username/password. Can the Competitor Removal tool do this?

We are thinking of moving from Kaspersky Endpoint to Sophos Endpoint. But Kaspersky requires a username/password to be entered before it can be un-installed (as tamper protection).

Can the Sophos Competitor Removal Tool enter the username/password for us? Or do we have to do this manually? (We have about 1200 devices so not really practical).

Would be nice if the installer can do this for us, otherwise we will stick with Kaspersky.

Richard.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello

Old thread I know, but I am doing a migration from Kaspersky 11 to Sophos InterceptX

In the KAS policies in the Admin Console, set the Password Protection off, let the policy traverse the clients and then deploy the Sophos InterceptX product.

Since the password protection in KAS is now off, the installer completes correctly.

Regards,

Gavin Daniels. DipIT(Networking)

• Hello

Old thread I know, but I am doing a migration from Kaspersky 11 to Sophos InterceptX

In the KAS policies in the Admin Console, set the Password Protection off, let the policy traverse the clients and then deploy the Sophos InterceptX product.

Since the password protection in KAS is now off, the installer completes correctly.

Regards,

Gavin Daniels. DipIT(Networking)

Children
No Data