This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

True File Type reporting in SSSP

I am looking to check the true file type for a Scan File. As per SSSP user manual  this can be achieved with setting the configuration  “enabletft”. I am unable to find the mentioned configuration option in SAV-DI configuration file & not able to achieve the functionality.

Could you please let me know how to achieve this functionality.?

Note: As per releases document this functionality  "Added a new configuration option for ICAP and SSSP allowing the True File Type reporting of the scanned file." has been added in version 2.6.0 for SAV Dynamic Interface.

Thanks and Regards

Anurag

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Anurag,

chapter 2.9 of the SAVDI User Manual refers to the enableft scanner option. 

Christian

• Hi

Thanks for sharing the SAVDI user manual. 

I can see the section available under Scanner element under Channel. I did try adding the value mentioned i.e. enabletft: "YES"  under the Scanner section.

I am getting the following error , while starting the SAVDI window service.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\SAV Dynamic Interface>net start savdid
    The SAV Dynamic Interface service is starting.
    The SAV Dynamic Interface service could not be started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3523.

Thanks

Anurag

• Hello Anurag,

it did start before you've added enableft:? I'm not familiar with SAVDI so I can't say how the service informs you of configuration file errors, perhaps the Windows Event log.
    I'd try to start it from the command line logging to the console (savdid -l).

Christian

• Yes, It was working before addition of enableft. I did verify the windows Event viewer for the window service error. Below is the error received.

Configuration failedError
    Configuration failed
    321: channel[3]-scanner[1]-savists: Xml 1 enabletft: YES: A SAVI status value can only be 0 or 1

STRANGE !!! Error was due to savists even though we have added enabletft in the configuration. 

I have commented the SAVI status just to check the window service works or not. It worked.!!!

SAVDI-Conf for Reference:

================

scanner {
    # type and inprocess can only be SAVI and YES for now
    type: SAVI
    inprocess: YES

# Max time to be allowd for scanning a single file
    maxscantime: 3

# Max time in seconds to be allowed to complete a request
    maxrequesttime: 10

#Some SAVI/Engine options
    savigrp: GrpArchiveUnpack 0
    savigrp: GrpInternet 1
    #savists: Xml 1

enabletft: YES
    }

=================

From the consumer perspective i did not see any difference to the response received from server, even after enabling reporting for True File Type.

Any idea how where we can get the information related to TFT for consumers.?

Thanks

Anurag

• Hello Anurag,

all my knowledge is from the docs (that say it should return a  TFT TYPE <file type> response). But maybe it needs in addition a report: type (file or classification).

Christian

Reply Children
No Data