This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manage Deploy Device

Is there any software where I can manage all of the deploy devices with Sophos by sending notifications of which deploy device have Sophos, up to date Sophos, and does not have Sophos install? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Guest 201,

first of all, what devices and which with Sophos are you referring to? That you post here suggests the PC/Mac Endpoint - is this so?

There's an on-premise and a cloud managed Endpoint. does not have Sophos install is a chicken and egg problem though and naturally you need to enumerate the eligible devices by some external means.

Christian

• Hi Christian, 

I am running Sophos on Window 7 and 10 on laptops and dekstops computer. I am currently running Endpoint Security and Control.

I would like to run a report on the devices. I do have management console. 

David,

• Hello David,

if Sophos has at least partially been installed on an endpoint the console will show the computer as managed (text black, icon with either a green or red overlay).
    Unmanaged computers have to be added by some other means, Discover, Import, AD sync, or from a file. The Un/Managed counts are shown on the Dashboard, the keywords are links that take you to the corresponding view. There's no report but you can copy the views to a spreadsheet using Ctrl+C

Christian

• Christian,

Will Sophos Enterprise Console allow me to run reports and monitor my devices such as the devices I have on the domain that have Sophos Endpoint Security install? Will it let me know if my devices are up to date with the latest Sophos update patches? 

• Hello Guest 201,

SEC will give a live view of the managed devices along with their status (up-to-date, whether they comply with the policies, and so on).
    The console is the tool intended for day-to-day assessment and management, reports are for accumalted data and statistics.

Christian

• Christian,

Are there any 3rd party software tool where it will allow me to monitor my devices live with Sophos? For example, any way that all deployed devices have Sophos and is updated with the newest definitions and client.

• Hello Guest 201,

I can't name one ... there isn't really an API that supports 3rd-party asset/software management to assess the status of an installation.
    Depends on your deployment procedure, when we provision devices Sophos is also installed using the GroupPath switch.. If the endpoint registers with the console and appears in this "deployment group"- fine. Otherwise the device has to be checked.

Christian