This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen goes black after login following Sophos installation

Hi. I have been installing Sophos on various clients in our school, using the endpoint installer from Sophos Central. They have all been fine except for one PC. It's running Windows 7 and the installation seems to go fine, but when I log in to windows after the installation, the screen goes black. There is a mouse pointer but nothing else. I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and use the F8 menu to choose Use last known good configuration, and then I'm able to log in. But this happens every time I reboot. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sophos but I get the same result. Any ideas? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I would probably start by disabling a few features post install and before restarting.  I suppose this could be achieved in Central via policy and might be enough.

Are you installing both HMPA and Sophos, i.e. the complete install?

If so, if you are installing HMPA stop and disable:

HitmanPro.Alert service

If just Endpoint Advanced maybe:

Sophos Anti-Virus

and reboot is that OK?

Regards,

Jak

• I would probably start by disabling a few features post install and before restarting.  I suppose this could be achieved in Central via policy and might be enough.

Are you installing both HMPA and Sophos, i.e. the complete install?

If so, if you are installing HMPA stop and disable:

HitmanPro.Alert service

If just Endpoint Advanced maybe:

Sophos Anti-Virus

and reboot is that OK?

Regards,

Jak

Children