This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exclusion for "Downloads" folder and Chrome

Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem with DLP, so if you have any idea, it would be appreciated.

Right now, If I download a file with Chrome that matches the DLP rules, the file generates an event, even if I'm not uploading it and that generates a lot of False Positives/Information to analyse that shouldn't.

Tried adding the exception %userprofile%\Downloads\*.??? but it didn't worked. Adding Downloads\*.??? works, but that means that anything inside a "Downloads" folder in any part won't be scanned. Also, this means that the user would find out that "Downloads" its not being scanned and "steal" information by first copying the file there and then uploading it.

What can be done in this case? I only what to avoid all the FP that appears when a file is downloaded using chrome.

Here is the info with my issue: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/63016

But it doesn't provide any link or info on how to avoid the "hole".

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We have the same issue and what we have discovered is that the scan is actually happening when the user opens the file from the bar at the bottom of the browser.  If the user opens the file location by choosing "Show in folder" and then opens the file from Windows File Explorer, the DLP scan does not occur.  Additionally, if the user uses IE, Edge or Firefox the DLP scan does not occur, it is a Chrome specific issue.

• We have the same issue and what we have discovered is that the scan is actually happening when the user opens the file from the bar at the bottom of the browser.  If the user opens the file location by choosing "Show in folder" and then opens the file from Windows File Explorer, the DLP scan does not occur.  Additionally, if the user uses IE, Edge or Firefox the DLP scan does not occur, it is a Chrome specific issue.

Children
No Data