This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Confidential information doubt

Hi all,

I´m beggining to work with the Sophos DLP, so excuse me if my questions are considered to be "basic" :)

A new SEC customer have several xlsm files containing VBA code on it. They want to make sure that only this files are protected by DLP.

Most of the machines are Win7 using Outlook 2007/2010, however some Win8/Outlook2013 are also being used,

Those files don´t contain any particular message that we can use as a content filter rule criteria, so i was trying to use a File Type Rule using "Script/Markup", but despite it blocks those files, all the xlsx are also blocked (i´m assuming that this, is because XML is "contained" on the File Type.

Can you please help me to understant, if my approach to the issue is the best one, or does the customer has to create some data inside every spreadsheet that we can use as a "filter".

Thanks in advance,

:40991

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Christian,

I´ve been in contact with support. They advise me that we can configure by using Script/Markup as file type filter, and configuring some files extensions on the whitelist.

The bigget drawback is that Sophos does not have a option to block password protected files, thus, this kind of files are not intercepted :smileysad:

Regards,

Rui

:41187
  • Hi Christian,

I´ve been in contact with support. They advise me that we can configure by using Script/Markup as file type filter, and configuring some files extensions on the whitelist.

The bigget drawback is that Sophos does not have a option to block password protected files, thus, this kind of files are not intercepted :smileysad:

Regards,

Rui

:41187
Children
No Data