This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sent emails deferred with 450 try later (in reply to end of DATA command) error

I've got some email stuck in the mail queue with the error host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 450 try later (in reply to end of DATA command). I called support opened a ticket and the guy was completely clueless, said that the sender is rejecting our emails. I highly doubt that's the problem. Doesn't look like the emails are even leaving our system.

From other threads on this forum with this same problem it looks like a corrupt definition update? Any recommendations to get this escalated to someone that can actually fix the problem?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think "450 try later" is an automatic response from email systems that utilize grey-listing. The email appliance should automatically re-try and on the second attempt the recipient's email system should accept the email. If these errors are specific to particular domains do they finally get sent? Are these domains using grey-listing? If the answer to either question is no, then I'd recommend opening a ticket with Sophos support.

• Thanks for the reply. The problem wasn't specific to a domain. It wasn't ever leaving our system. The mail queue said Pre-Filter Deferred. Turns out it was a problem with the DLP filter monitoring for financial info. Sophos said there was a bug so we had to turn it off for now. Once that was turned off the emails with the attachments went through. It wasn't happening to all attachments though. The emails it was holding were ones that possibly had financial or personal info so I think it was flagging it but then not actually sending it even though the policy said to just warn, not stop delivery. 

And you said you recommend opening a ticket with support...I clearly stated I opened a ticket with support and he was incompetent. I called back the next day and got someone who I think was in the United States and he was able to fix it. 

• Thanks for the reply. The problem wasn't specific to a domain. It wasn't ever leaving our system. The mail queue said Pre-Filter Deferred. Turns out it was a problem with the DLP filter monitoring for financial info. Sophos said there was a bug so we had to turn it off for now. Once that was turned off the emails with the attachments went through. It wasn't happening to all attachments though. The emails it was holding were ones that possibly had financial or personal info so I think it was flagging it but then not actually sending it even though the policy said to just warn, not stop delivery. 

And you said you recommend opening a ticket with support...I clearly stated I opened a ticket with support and he was incompetent. I called back the next day and got someone who I think was in the United States and he was able to fix it. 

Children
No Data