This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clustered virtual email appliances are not updating their threat definition files

I've noticed that our cluster of 2 virtual email appliances have stopped updating threat definitions. The last time they are showing as updated was 6th October. I have run the network connectivity test on both appliances and can successfully connect to sea-dynamic.sophos.com, the only way I can get them to update is by restarting both appliances. They will then regularly update for a few weeks before suddenly stopping again. They connect directly to the internet so there is no proxy in between, and the appliances are reporting as being absolutely fine with no issues. Can somebody help? Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

Not sure if you're still having an issue but you will need to ensure that the appliances can get out on port 443.  As well they should be omitted from any sort of IPS or Web Filtering. If you have addressed these issues and are still having issues you will need to get in touch with support so an engineer can look at the update logs.

• Thnaks for the response. Yes, 443 is enabled and there is no other ISP or web filtering interfering with traffic. As I said it's fine for a while, then just suddenly stops. In fact since I posted this message it has been absolutely fine, which is typical. Not to worry, if it occurs again then I'll log it directly with support.

• Thnaks for the response. Yes, 443 is enabled and there is no other ISP or web filtering interfering with traffic. As I said it's fine for a while, then just suddenly stops. In fact since I posted this message it has been absolutely fine, which is typical. Not to worry, if it occurs again then I'll log it directly with support.

Children
No Data